Wednesday, June 18, 2014

baby pigeons and crippling fear

First off, where are all the baby pigeons?!?!?!?!?!?!?! (thank you never-ending, Summer binge watching of 30Rock)

Second, as I laid in bed last night I heard something rustle in my laundry basket and I'm positive it was a snake.

Rather than investigate, I moved my basket to the other side of the room because if there was a snake he wouldn't be able to slither straight up into my bed of course (Right. It would only take just a little longer for him to make it across the room and into my bed where he would then wrap himself around my ankle cutting off the circulation in my foot rendering it dead whereupon when I woke in the morning we would have to cut it off making me a cripple although then I would have an excuse to start using a cane).

Snakes scare me. To death. I see them and my toes curl involuntarily, tears well up in my eyes, and my skin starts to retreat into my body as if it is trying to make my whole form shrink into nothingness. It's a crippling fear and I wholeheartedly confess it. I once was forced to pet a snake and my hands would not come of my armpits where I had crammed them into in hopes of continuing to maintain all ten fingers.

So no, I don't handle snakes well. And I'm not really sure where the confirmation of the mysterious noise came from since it was more than likely to be a mouse or the recently dried clothes settling.

And yes, I still have no idea what the noise was from, so on the off chance that it was a snake I must go home and burn the whole place down. Just to be positive.

1 comment: