Monday, June 16, 2014

d-d-d-

Dashboard. I woke up with stinking Dashboard Confessional stuck in my head as if high school was trying to sneak quietly back into my life and remind me of all the awkwardness that once was.

I was surprised at how well I still remembered all the words, and I'm starting to wonder if it's a sign because the specific line "And I'm throwing away the letters that I am writing you, 'cause they would never do, I would never do" was the first thing to be screamed into my head as it popped off the pillow.

Maybe looking for signs isn't all it's cracked up to be, though.

(Or maybe I only like looking for them when they go the way I want them to, or lead me to what I really want. Not necessarily what I need).

Or maybe it was just a weird coincidence that the first song to seep into my foggy brain this morning was about writing letters because I spent a fair amount of time writing a couple letters yesterday.

(I should probably look more into this whole sign-searching business).

Either way thank you Dashboard, you have sprung upon me the youth of yester-years.


No comments:

Post a Comment