Wednesday, June 4, 2014

day one

I'm running the St. George marathon with my two oldest sisters in October.

Yesterday was Day 1 of training.

Only had to run 3miles, but I was done in after mile 1. I'm sure I walked the majority of it.

I felt fat and sluggish when I got home and realized with a bit of horror how careless I have been with my body. I was so excited for this challenge and for training because I know it will get me in shape, but I had the painful reminder yesterday that exercise isn't the only key.

I felt old. Weak and sore not only in my muscles but in my bones too. As if my metabolism was gently telling me "Hey, I can't keep this up much longer" (I always imagine him (yes, it's a him) as a yellow blob, a bit shaped liked a tear drop).

We're both a bit unhappy at the moment with our long faces and wobbly bits giggling behind our backs. I am determined to start eating better and to really cut back on the caffeine (save my soul I'm not sure if I'll survive with out it. More to come on that later). Last summer was blissful- I was drinking green smoothies (predominantly fruit), creating menus (cooking for one is a nuisance, I am so ready to have someone to impress with my cooking skills. Maybe then I'll be motivated to eat out less), and climbing fiercely. So it's a major lifestyle revision this week. 

I'll let you know how it goes.


I did get to wear my new Nikes yesterday, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment