Thursday, May 22, 2014

because kerouac

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars"

I'm drawn to the creative type. The ones who burn, the ones who pine.

Maybe it's because I feel like they understand.

It took me years to finally realize what it was I wanted to do and where I wanted to go with life and my career. And those years were a mess.

A beautiful mess of disaster and chaos. But it was worth it.

It was worth it to question and wonder and discover. To pull everything apart, including me, to find out who I am and what I want. To dig down deep and find my foundation.

So maybe that's why I like the mad ones. The ones who have rough edges and create beautiful messes, too. The ones who don't know all the answers but can read Wordsworth and kiss you with meaning. 

The ones who see beauty in the imperfection and still love passionately.

No comments:

Post a Comment