Monday, May 19, 2014

who he is

I went through a break up right before things started to go anywhere with Sol. I had met him a year previously in a romantic poetry class at school, then re-met him in January when we went on a couple dates, but my mind and heart were elsewhere with another boy. I wasn't sure how I felt just yet.

But then things changed and one night the thought of him entered my mind like it had several times before and I finally reached out. After that it was a whirl of overwhelming emotions. I had come to the conclusion that I needed something better, something good. I had spent so many relationships giving my 110% and only receiving 50 in return (if that). But Sol gave me 110. He gave me more than that. He was there every day, wanting to see me; bending over backwards to tell me how special I am. 

I was scared at first. Scared because it couldn't possibly be real. But it was and I soon found myself falling. Falling into the only abyss a soul is happy to be lost in. The things he said, the way he kissed me. The way he held me in his arms telling me how happy he was and that this was what he wanted. It was almost perfection. All the butterflies and tingles were there, the wanting to spend every second with him exploring his soul; his heart. He opened up, told me things he'd never shared with anyone else.

Sol made me feel important; safe. All those things everyone told you about how it's suppose to be when you meet the right one...It all made sense now.

I don't know what the future holds for us, I don't know if he is the one. But I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment