Wednesday, May 28, 2014

miracles

A month ago or so I went to a bosom friend's wedding reception. I was so amazed at the love this couple shared and the passion they had for one another. When I got a chance to pull the groom - my friend - aside I told him how I could not wait for the day that I could have what he had.

He then put his hands on my arms as I stood there teary-eyed and told me this: "Have faith. Be patient. And pray to God every day for miracles. You are wonderful and so full of love."

I've never really thought "Oh it'll be a miracle if I ever get married," but that night I realized there are several different kinds of miracles.

There are the quiet ones that people experience when they turn to God and find their faith. They are small but they affect such a great chain reaction. Bringing one person onto the path back to their Heavenly Father affects generations.

There are loud miracles, like the ones that Christ and his apostles performed; the ones that seem impossible.

There are sarcastic miracles like Mom getting Facebook. The ones that are followed with "That'll be the day."

And then, then there are personal miracles. Ones that are quiet and loud all at once. They're big and so small, but only to me or to you, or to whoever they directly touch.

As I read a sister's letter this week I became jealous by the miracles in her life, but then I remembered that I have experienced so many personal miracles in my life. Like working through those rocky years and strengthening my faith and confidence; my courage in me. Setting my priorities straight and finally doing well in school. Learning to love myself and others in the right way...

I've been so blessed with personal miracles in my life and ever since my friend impressed upon me that thought I have prayed for them. Prayed for personal, quiet miracles for me.


1 comment: